Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You just can't deny it...

You often hear people talk about what it would have been like to live in the day of Jesus and to see the miracles he performed.  The same can be said about old testament times.  I think I have even thought to myself that miracles that we can easily identify as God working in something visible to us just isn't seen anymore.  I have come to believe that that line of thinking couldn't be further from the truth!

First, I think it all goes to attitude.  Are you looking to see God working miraculously?  How do you define that?  What makes your definition right?  I know that I have seen times in my life that the smallest details worked out to my good, and it just seems like it is something small, yet when measured against what the alternative outcome would have been you could argue it turned out miraculously in my favor.

Second, did any of you see the school board shooting back a few months ago in Panama City?  I saw it again today.  I have long believed that God definitely had a hand in it---there are NO doubts about that---but it was today while watching it that God reminded me that he is still in the miracle business.  That shooter had absolutely NO reason to point blank fire his gun and MISS the guy sitting not seven to ten feet from him!  NO REASON!!!  Stop and think about all of that.  Do you see how God worked a miracle there?

I think sometimes we have to stop and look at how we define God working miraculously.  No matter how big or small the miracle or detail is, God has told us in his word that he is always working in our favor and for our good.  But that is by HIS standards and definitions, not ours.

God is so cool.

No comments: