Saturday, March 19, 2011

I must be a new dog...

...because I am trying to learn and experience new things, and I hear that you can't teach new tricks to old dogs!

I really enjoyed visiting the family in Dallas.  It is always great to see my kids with their Nana, ChooChoo, and Aunt Jenn.  They had a blast at the zoo, eating breakfast that ChooChoo cooks, going to eat with the family, playing outside, etc.  But for me personally, it was getting to get up early and walk with my dad each morning.  My parents are great to me---more than I could even ask for them to be---but we have never really consistently communicated or talked life much.  I don't know if it's me, them, both?  Either way, I had the chance to just walk and talk with my dad for an hour or so each morning.  We talked life, health, relationships, money---just got to share and get to know each other even more.  It was pretty cool, no doubts.  Thanks for the time and memory, dad.  I look forward to the next time. 

The other thing I have had on my heart the last few days is the christian walk in iteslf.  How does it practically happen successfully?  Who do we see that does it best?  How do we know if we are doing OUR best at it?

I think of myself and some of those close to me that are constantly trying to be better at this.  The main thing that I have found is constant fellowship with God, multiple daily appointments with the Word, frequent communication with christian friends, and a commitment to the right heart and attitude are about the only way to best pursue our individual best.  If you read this, pray for me that I will be able to grow so much more in my fellowship and closeness with God, and that I will take that and use it for His glory.  At the end of the day, that is all that matters.  Nothing else.

I hope you take the opportunity frequently to stop and think of all of the blessings God has put in your life.  The people, things, opportunities, etc.  A positive outlook and attitude can sometimes make all the difference in the world when it comes to having a good day vs a bad day.  I encourage you to stop often and think of those things and thank Him.  Let the people in your life that make a difference know it.  Be a blessing to them.  Also, refuse negativity. It profits NOTHING.

Have an awesome Sunday!

1 comment:

Dennis Richardson said...

I read it..... and I am praying for you.