Thursday, March 17, 2011

A beautiful day...

It's been a fun day hanging with the fam in Big D.  Saw my grandma, took the kids to the park, and we have been spending time with my folks and sister tonight.  Her big wedding is coming up soon, so all the details are starting to take shape!  Tomorrow we will be hitting the Fort Worth Zoo!  Should be a blast...the kids are excited!  Dad and I are getting up early to go to the park and walk and jog.  We have never done that together, so I am looking forward to it.

I was thinking today as I was driving about life, and wanted to throw these questions out there to provoke a little thought:

What would you do with it if you had more money than you know what to do with?

If you had alot of free time, how would you spend it? 

Who is in control of your time and resources?  You, or God?


Check out Psalm 24:1, Deut 10:14, Psalm 50:12, 1 Chron 29:11, Haggai 2:8, 1 Cor 3:7, Deut 8:17-18

Just something to think about...for all of us.  I know I, like many, have had financial struggles over the last few years.  What God has shown me clearly is that it is a principal thing.  I have never fully followed what God wants from me in finances, and that is the reason for my struggle.  At the same time, God has never left me hanging.  My needs have always been provided for.  He has made sure of that.  I am thankful for the opportunity for growth and to learn the lessons I have learned.

But do we look at resources as just finances?  What all do you think God sees as our resources?  Do you think time, attitude, heart, spiritual gifts, etc, are just as important as money in God's eyes when it comes to resource utilization for furthering His kingdom?  Just curious as to how any of you see that. 

I look forward to your thoughts...

Stay strong out there, and enjoy the rest of this beautiful week!

No comments: