Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sorry Han Solo...

There's just no way you can do it all on your own.  First, you aren't strong enough.  Second, it just isn't designed that way. 

It brings many different emotions to me when I think about my life before I was saved.  Things like sadness, regret, frustration, etc.  But the emotions that easily toss those to the side are joy, peace, thankfullness, and hope from the fact that I know who's I am and where I'm going.

I thank God for being the difference-maker in my life, and for surrounding me with a team that makes it easier to walk the streets of this world day in and day out.  Not only am I not alone because He lives in my heart and life, but also because of the specific other people he has surrounded me with. 

My main team are my FAT Guys!  These guys and I meet Friday mornings for breakfast and coffee (lots of coffee!).  We also text and talk throughout the week.  It blesses me to have these brothers and know that I am never walking alone.  To share thoughts, struggles, scriptures, encouragement, life, etc---God blesses me through each of these guys DAILY.  Oh yeah, you've probably asked yourself what FAT Guys is all about.  What that stands for or means.  F is for faithful.  Faithful to each other, to growing in God, to meeting together.  A is for available.  Available for each of the things we are being faithful to.  And T is teachable.  Teachable and moldable in every area and aspect of our lives.  I look very forward to my Friday mornings with these brothers!  So Dennis, Richard, Will, Stacy, Landry, and Chris---THANKS MY FAT BROTHERS!  I love you guys.
So I ask you---who is in your circle?  Who all is on your team?  Do you recognize the need for them?  Do you proacvtively care for your team to be sure it can grow and prosper?  Are you the weakest link? 

I hope you are as blessed as I am, and hope you give Him all the glory!

God is good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Dennis Richardson said...

I am glad to be on your list. You are a blessing.

TEN said...

You are MORE than on my list brother! I don't know what I'd do without your friendship Dennis! YOU are the blessing!