Monday, March 7, 2011

When you wish upon a star...

No, this isn't a plug for Disney!  But I do have a question---what do you dream about?  When I ask, I am referring to the desires of your heart.  Specifically this--if you could do any sort of ministry, what would you choose? 

I think if it were up to me, I would love to do one of two things.  The first would be to travel around and be a motivational speaker to large groups.  Well, not just large groups--any groups of people would be great!  I'd love to sit and share with them my successes and failures, and how God has used them both to mold me and teach me. 

The second would be leading in worship.  It wouldn't matter where, just the opportunity to sing and lead others to the throne there together.  What an awesome responsibility and opportunity!  Either of those would be just amazing.

So what about you?  What would you choose?  And beyond that, do you think it is really a possibility for you?  What is keeping you from it now?  I have to sit and look in the mirror and ask myself those same questions!

Let me know, and keep looking up! 

1 comment:

Dennis Richardson said...

I have posed the question many times to others: "What would you do for Jesus in your wildest dreams"? A great question! Answer it. Go ahead... answer that question. Answer it from the hidden, personal, depths of your little old heart. I challenge you. Then write the answer down and place it in the form of a bookmark for your Bible. You will see it often (I hope)... and be reminded of it often... and pray about it often. Then watch what happens. I mean with a sense of expectation, watch what happens. Be patient.