Friday, March 25, 2011

Whew...

I sweated bullets taking my test today!  But I passed!  Thank God and thank all of YOU who prayed for me.  I could feel it during the test, no doubts.  One week down, now one to go.

Here is what I have been reminded of all day long today---it all comes back to taking everything to God.  Your heart, attitude, actions, motives, anger, frustration, fear, judgement, purpose, friendships, relationships, etc.  Period, end of story.  Without taking them and passing them on to God, it is all about self.  Self fails---everytime.  Why rely on ourselves, our sinfulness, and our selfish human standards when we have a loving, merciful, and forgiving God in heaven that wants our best, and says so over and over in His Word?!?!?!? 

He can fix ANYTHING, heal ANYTHING, rid our lives of ANYTHING we ask Him to that gets in our way, etc.  It is up to us though to have a heart that seeks Him first.

Sometimes we don't like giving it away.  Sometimes we are just feeling inadequate and wonder why God would want my little issues, etc.  That is the wrong attitude to have!  Why in the world do you think Jesus died on that cross?  Not for us to be selfish, that's for sure!

Look at your day, and try to stop and honestly see who comes first.  Or even what order these go in: God, self, others.  Just something to think about, especially as we seek and discover the heart that the Bible talks to us about having.  I encourage you to seek that out in scripture over the weekend or next week. 

Enjoy a beautiful weekend out there! 

No comments: