Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Leadership Matters...

I'd say that statement is true no matter what you do or where you are.  The great thing about leadership is the fact that you can be a very respected leader without a title.  I've found over the years that many of the people I consider the best "leaders" definitely do it because of who they are inside---and not because of an office or title.

Being in pharmaceutical sales, I know a manager can make or break you.  There are a few different types out there.  I have had the micromanager that is more about tasks and reports, etc.  I don't do well under this type, because my job is to SELL!  The manager that truly cares about growth and development of an individual and creates an environment to learn and grow, and also experience success, is my kind of manager that I thrive under.

There are so many places we can point to that can show a picture of good leadership vs poor leadership, and also the good and bad that come with each.  Sports teams, churches, restaraunts, companies, and governments are just a few.

Ah, government.  I think this is where some of my biggest fears for our nation and world sit right now.  I am only 33.  I haven't lived through some of the civil issues and tragedies our nation has faced like those of older generations.  But I still find it absolutely terrible that as a country we have lost our values that we were founded upon.  The tolerance of things that were previously unheard of in our country breaks my heart.  Let me interject that I am of the mindest that you love the sinner, not the sin.  I also will say that I am a sinner, but strive to live as close as I can to God's Word.  I admittedly struggle with some things, but my conviction has me daily working towards a closer walk with Him.  But when you start letting same-sex couples raise children, I think that isn't right.  God created this earth.  He created the air that we breathe, the light that we live under, and also man and woman.  He saw that and said it was good.  God said man and woman were good.  Period.  Did you see in the news in the last two weeks where our president is going to stop defending the Definition of Marriage Act?  The act that defines marriage as a union between man and woman?  How can he CLAIM to be a Christian and live with that?  Also, abortion is MURDER.  How can he live with that?  It all just breaks my heart.

I could go on and on.  I know the only thing I can do is follow what God puts on my heart and control what I can control, so this is where I shut up and put the burden back on me to be my best.  In doing that, I hope that God can use me and my life and His presence in it for some sort of good.  I trust that He does and will continue to do so.  But it doesn't change the fact that our nation is under poor leadership and it scares me to think what kind of country my kids will be left with one day when I am gone!  My faith and trust are with the Lord.  I know of no other way to have any sort of peace daily living where we do in the times we do.

Please join me in praying for our leaders in this counrty, and for those across the world as we live in such crazy and volatile times.  Pray for yourself that daily you will become closer to the Lord and more like Him, and that He will use that to impact someone else and we will see the kingdom grow!  Praise and thank Him for the freedoms we have to worship freely and openly love and serve God!

May God bless the USA! 

No comments: