Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pure Randomness...

Strap on your seat belts, because it's a random Thursday, and we are about to be all over the place!!!  The following is just a glimpse of what all goes on in my poor head during the day!  Please keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times, and enjoy...

Charlie Sheen.  What all is there to say about this guy?  I have to admit, his show has been one of my favorites, and I think the comedy is hilarious.  But the more I learn about Charlie, the more I've become convicted about watching it.  In fact, I have decided no more "Two and a Half Men" for me.  I have never seen anyone so proud of sin, of wrong, of selfish behavior, etc.  It breaks my heart that kids see that and think it's cool to have all that money and act like you're the biggest thing in the world.  Sickening.

Wisconsin state government.  I personally think unions are a joke.  I don't know everything there is to know about unions, and have no problem admitting that.  However, when I see how things are shaking down in Wisconsin, it pisses me off.  It's like a multi-level marketing scheme.  These people at the top of the union ladders have no problem holding out for more money or to get more, because when it comes time to give them what they want, they cut the people at the bottom to make it happen!  And have you seen how these liberals are all acting at the courthouse?  If the tea-party or republicans acted that way, the media wouldn't sleep until they made sure to spin any negative they could out of it!  And I have ZERO respect for anything Jesse Jackson shows up for! 

Al Sharpton.  What is up with his hair?  And have you ever understood anything he was trying to argue for?  I get dumber watching him, but laugh at the same time.  It's twisted, I know.

Tourney Time.  I think college basketball is stupid until championship week and the tournament.  I always pull for the underdogs in the early rounds.  But for a few weeks in late March, the tournament is always exciting, and I know my Rangers are just around the corner!

NFL Lockout.  NFL football is the best business going.  Owners have enough money, and the league needs to take better care of former players.  Jerry and the crew need to stop being greedy and hammer this thing out.  Call Larry the Cable Guy and GIT ER DUN!

Million Dollar Listing.  Great show on Bravo.  Sadly, I have watched WAAAAAAYYYYY too much Bravo while I have been home studying for work.  It's bad.  I admit it.  This show, Bethenny, Top Chef, and Real Housewives of Orange County have all graced my tv the last two weeks.  I know, I know.  It's ok to be let down!  I'm just a dude being a dude!  HA!

True love.  I believe in it.  It's all about effort on both parts.  It is also worth fighting for.  So worth it.

Being a dad.  What an awesome responsibility.  I love my kids with my whole heart, and am so thankful for the joy that they bring me.  I love watching them sleep.  I love their kisses.  I love their hugs.  I love telling them how proud of them I am.  I love telling them I love them.  I love looking in their eyes.  I love watching them learn and grow.  I love looking at old pictures of them.  I love seeing them excited about something.  My kids are such a blessing to me, and I just wanna be the best and Godliest dad I can for them.  I hope they see my faith evident in my life.

Earrings.  I had one in college.  Go ahead, laugh.

2012 Presidential election.  Obama needs to be gone.  I'm still checking into candidates.  I like Newt.  I like Huckabee.  I like Palin.  I wish I could get a candidate that had the faith of Huckabee, experience of Newt, and balls of Palin.  Yeah, I said it.  It's what I think.  She's a rock star and has tons of confidence.  Tells it like it is.  I respect that.  But Newt is my favorite right now.  The only thing is I don't know about his faith.  That is probably the most important thing to me in our president.  If our leader doesn't have Jesus, we are in trouble.

I've wondered this---what would happen if you got pulled over and were drinking a non-alcoholic beer? 

Best fried foods.  Fried pickles and fried green beans.  YUMMY!

People.  Why don't they mind their own business?  If you aren't directly involved, or someone involved hasn't come to you for some reason or another involving you, then it IS NOT your business.  I have to try to remember this myself all the time.  It's too easy to get sucked into stupid drama that doesn't involve me.

and finally.....

Life.  You never know when it will be over.  You don't know what others are going through.  Don't take a single breath for granted.  LOVE others.  FORGIVE others.  SERVE others.  CHERISH moments and memories.  MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone else's life.   MAKE A DIFFERENCE for God.  All the things of this earth don't hold a candle to eternity.  RELATIONSHIPS matter.  All relationships.  HONOR them.  Be a BLESSING.  Not a burden.  THANK GOD for the people he has in your life when you first wake up.  THANK GOD for those same people right before you close your eyes at night.  Then thank Him OFTEN throughout your day.  For EVERYTHING.

Time to unbuckle....the ride for tonight is over!

No comments: