Friday, August 5, 2011

REALLY think about this...

When was the last time you undeniably saw the Spirit at work in or around you?

That question comes from "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan.  I like to underline important things that stick out to me as I read.  I can tell you that probably 35-40% of the first chapter of this book is underlined.  It is a very challenging book to read, as it really challenges who we are, and where our faith truly stands.  How much do we rely on the Spirit?  Does our life reflect true faith?  Do we show in our day that we are different as believers? 

Honestly, there are some things in here that slap me right in the face.  I have had to stop and look at my life in order to make sure I am going the right direction. 

I highly encourage you to pick this book up, as it will cause you to stop and look at things from a view that you probably haven't stopped to look at life from.

Time to hit the sack...gotta be ready and refreshed for Laces of Grace in the morning!

No comments: