Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Almost broke the tv...

Glad I didn't though, because it wasn't mine!!!

I was watching The Bachelorette last night with my lady, and was reminded MANY times just how ridiculous and unrealistic that show is!  I think it hurt more when she chose the dude that she did, because I definitely had a mancrush on Ben!  LOL!!

I watch that show while remembering and thinking about my life values, morals, goals, etc.  So my first lesson was one I already know---I can only control me and my life, and others choices aren't my business, and usually have absolutely zero effect on my future.  The girl choosing has her own things she is looking for, and it is not for me too judge right or wrong.  All I can do is take other things I see or hear and hold them against what I believe to further strengthen or modify my belief set. 

Another thing I have a really hard time with is her "loving" one guy, while at the same time she is still tonguing-down with other dudes!  How do you have those suppossedly true feelings for a person, but still be able to live with yourself giving all that to another?  Baffles me...just baffles me.  Of course, these ARE people that apparently suck at relationships to this point in their lives, so I guess we should expect anything!!

And do you think that real people build real-life relationships living in the slums of FIJI???????  REALLY???????  "Hey, let's take a trip in a helicopter today, then fly in a plane to some island for dinner"....uh....yeah...whatever!  I looked over at Kelly and reminded her that I can barely afford to take her to eat at Fuji's, so FORGET Fiji!!!!!

Finally, the last thing (of many!) that I want to mention is being blessed and content in my own life.  As I watched the events unfold, and watched the choice come down, I was so glad to feel myself feeling lucky as a person for all of the blessings that God allows into my life daily.  As a cup-half-full kind of dude, I thank God for bs like these unrealistic shows, because they always make me stop and thank him for simplicity, peace, and joy.  That the reality of pursuing him and his ways will ALWAYS ultimately lead to him and his blessings.  I enjoy poking at the show, and don't mind knowing that it is on tv and not a true picture of real life----but the picture of Christ on the cross IS a picture of that---it is the picture of the sacrifice that results in us having the opportunity for the BEST life! 

I will take that all day long...so take your rose and shove it Bachelorette!

Hope your week ROCKS!!! 

No comments: