Saturday, August 13, 2011

Money ain't a thang...

Proverbs 13:8
A man's riches may ransom his life, but a poor man hears no threat.

Think people have been FREAKING out over dinero this week????  I called Kelly one day and said, "It sure is nice to just have nothing, so that this crap doesn't even phase me!"

I think this verse has made alot of sense to me this week, as we have seen SUCH a strong focus on the economy.  Not only how it fares overall, but also what it does minute-to-minute.  Honestly, I couldn't care less.  Proverbs 30 reminds me that I ONLY want my daily bread, and if I have more or less, I might focus too much on that, and lose sight of what matters most.

The thing that I feel MOST reminded of from God this week in regards to all of this is the fact that he is bigger than everything.  You hear that?  EVERYTHING!!!  So our money is his money.  Our time is his time.  Our life is in his control.  So why in the crap worry about this?  He has, is, and will always be over everything.  He will always provide for us, no matter what!  As his children, he has promised us that.  So WHY doubt God???

I'm just sayin....think about it!

I wanna say a Happy Birthday to my grandpa Tommy Wilson today.  He died when my mom was 17, so I never got the chance to know him.  Also, today marks the one-year anniversary of the passing of my Mema.  I miss you Betty Wilson! 

No comments: