Monday, August 1, 2011

Know your role...

As I was driving down the interstate this morning headed to meet my boss, I was listening to ESPN Radio, and they were recapping the Angels/Tigers game from yesterday.  For those of you that don't know what happened in that game, Tigers pithcer Justin Verlander had a no-hitter going through seven innings, and then Erick Aybar of the Angels came up and tried to get on base by bunting.  He ended up on second in a 3-0 game that the Tigers were leading after Verlander fielded the bunt and errantly threw to first.  After the game, Verlander was pretty ugly about the fact that Aybar was trying to get on base by bunting during his potential historic game.

Justin Verlander---SERIOUSLY??????

Does he not understand that Aybar is paid by the Angels organization to help his team win baseball games?  His job is NOT to help Mr. Verlander protect his potential no-hitter!!!!  I could go on and on about this, but I will stop there.

After hearing this, I got to thinking about life (I do that alot).  I got to wondering how often I get confused as to my role in certain things, just as Verlander was confused as to Aybar's. 

I think it is very easy for any of us to think of ourselves as more than we are.  I am just as guilty as any other in this, and I think it is very natural.  As we strive for growth in our lives individually, we feel better about who we are and how much we can be used in different areas, etc.  That is where we need to remember checks and balances, and knowing our roles.  Doing this will keep us in healthier situations and conversations.  Not an easy thing to do, but definitely necessary!

I hope your Monday was fantastic, and that you are ready for a GREAT rest of the week out there!  And remember, no matter what you are going through, God is bigger than EVERYTHING, and he can be the thing that makes the difference in your life, so that you can make a difference in another's!  LET HIM!!!

No comments: