Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Forgiveness...

I wanna kick a shout out to Chad for providing some timely words today...thanks brother!

Hebrews 10:22
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.


Some great words right there.  The verse in Hebrews is such a sweet one that offers a reminder of God's forgiveness to us via the blood of Jesus.  Then the passage in Matthew is a great reminder from Christ himself to us in how we should act towards others.  The thing that most stuck out to me in that is that sometimes it seems that we hold things against people that weren't actually even done to us in the first place!  I guess that we see clearly how that verse matters, since if we can't or won't forgive, we end up harboring the anger or frustration inside of ourselves as long as we can stand it.  Then, since we obviously don't wanna take it to God at that point and wanna act like we can hide it from him although we all know better, we go to someone else with our frustration and start the gossip and not-my-business train. WHOOT WHOOT, ALL ABOARD!!

I pray I get better at handling these things the right way all of the time.  Lord, draw me closer to you, and keep your words and commands close to my heart, that I might live my life bringing you as much glory as possible.  Thanks for Jesus, our example.  Make me more like him, Lord.

Have a great Wednesday out there! 

No comments: