Saturday, August 20, 2011

Just in awe...

I find it amazing that God reveals things to us.  I had an instance of that today.  I have more peace and direction in my life than I feel like I have ever had.  God today decided to use this period to stop me and reveal some lessons that I have had the pleasure of learning.  The biggest takeaways from this for me are that the Bible is SO real and true, and also that each and every choice we make each and every day leads to a certain outcome---it is just a matter of which road that outcome is on.  For example, when I eat a blizzard, I know what path that is leading me down.  When I refrain and make a healthier choice more often, I go down a better road personally and physically.  It's about knowing and desiring the best for our own lives, and trusting the Spirit to lead us down THAT path and towards THOSE outcomes.

Anyway, I just wanted to give God glory for how awesome and powerful he is tonight! 

2 comments:

Chris said...

I was thinking about this same thing today, minus the blizzard analogy of course. I ask that you pray for me as I pray for u, I have seen in my own life and of others, we are in a great place in our relationship with God right now and that's exactly what the devil doesn't want, so the attacks are gonna start coming and if we don't stay focused on God ALL the time then it would be easy to kinda hit the cruise control and just drift along.

TEN said...

You've got it CWil. Thanks for sharing, and you are SO right. Satan wants nothing more than to tear us down, and preferrably in a big way!

I find that those choices I was speaking of leads to such an improved practice of discipline. This weekend and last week I have spent alot of time cleaning out closets, drawers, etc. this is a direct result of praying for simplicity, and to have nothing in the way of doing what God wants me to do. I have felt lazy in some areas lazy, and thank God that he is pulling me back to where he wants me. I feel energized, disciplined, and focused today. More than I have recently! I LOVE that feeling, and love knowing that I am at my best when those things are in line.

Man, God is just so very good....