Thursday, June 30, 2011

Simplicity...

I love 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12!  I think I have even mentioned it somewhere in the past here before, but it is the kind of passage that God brings to my heart often, and is continuously relevant in our lives.

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependant on anybody."

That is a telling passage.  I know many people that love drama in their lives.  I DON'T!  I have had it before, and NOTHING good came from it.  God has clearly shown me that a drama-free life is the only way to go, and this passage reminds me of that.  This passage also reminds us that we should be focused on the things in front of us---not far off from us.  If we are focused on the things that God has shown us should matter to us, then we more clearly hear him, and we DON'T worry about the world and the drama that are constantly trying to drag us down to them.  The only thing that living any other way than this does for us is to allow distractions in that keep us from experiencing the very best that life has to offer.

What a great word...thanks God!  You are my peace, my joy, and my strength!

No comments: