Sunday, June 5, 2011

A few different things from my day...

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. 

In my daily Proverbs reading, today had some serious words for us when it comes to adultery.  When you read Proverbs 5, pay attention to verses 3-4, 6, 8, 13-14, 20, and 21-23.  What do you think of those?  There's a WHOLE lotta truth in there!

The sermon this morning at church was great.  It was about unplugging in our lives from lazy people.  It actually focused more on who WE are suppossed to be than the lazy folks and who they are.  A few great words from this morning stood out to me though.  Think about these three things:

Jesus is Lord of ALL of your life or He is not Lord of it at all.

What does it say about God if we are lazy?

We don't go to work, but rather go to ministry everyday!

Some interesting things there.  I absolutely LOVE the first one!  I try to give Him more and more everyday.  The good thing is that there is plenty of room for growth :)

One other passage that I was reading today that hit me is in 1 Thessalonians 4:7-8:
"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.  Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit."

WOW.  That is powerful.  First, God CALLED us.  And he called us to live a HOLY LIFE.  What does that mean to you?  Do you live that way?  Do you FOCUS on him and living that way?  This passage says that if you don't, then you are rejecting God.  As a God-fearing christian, I know that the last thing I ever want to willingly do is reject God.  It even says that we are already equipped with what we need---the conviction we receive when we seek truth and ALLOW the Holy Spirit to work in us. 

Think about that when you get up and head to ministry tomorrow!

No comments: