Thursday, June 16, 2011

State of the blog address...

I can't believe this is my 100th post on here!

Seeing as how I have more people checking this thing out, I wanted to stop and share my heart again.  It is something I will probably do every once in a while, so bear with me.

When I started this, it was in my mind and heart to be geared just at men.  I am a man that has many faults, has made many mistakes, and has a heart to help others through their tough times, or to help avoid those same mistakes in their lives alltogether.  As time has gone on, I realized that this is for everyone.  Male and female alike.  It is more about how we live, what we think about, encouraging one another, sharing together, growing together, and an extra appointment with God in our busy day.  We can ALL use that! 

I have been so encouraged and blessed through this so far.  I have spent more time in the Bible than ever.  I have talked about it more with people that anytime before in my life.  I am developing a boldness to share more, and have such a confidence in my Jesus that I don't care what others think, because He is my peace.  God is my judge, not man.  I have friends that read this daily, and encourage me with kind words.  I know this is provoking thought in people, and I believe in my heart that God is using this to change lives.  What started out as a blog to share my thoughts has been transformed in a way to my ministry.  I look so forward to hearing other people's thoughts about it, or what they took away from it, and am always so blessed by the feedback.   

So where does it go from here?  My hopes are God will use this to touch people's lives all across this nation.  That somehow he will use this little blog to make a difference in one life at a time.  To help promote courage and strength to stand for what is right and true.  To give people a whole new inner boldness to stand firm in God's Word, and seek his best in all we do.  Granted, that is a hard thing, but we can still be STRIVING for it, and PURSUING it.

So I ask you to help me get the word out about it.  I ask you to tell others.  I ask you to join up and share your thoughts.  Don't be afraid.  Please.  I ask you Facebookers to post the blog address at some point on your wall, and ask other friends of your to check it out.  I ask you iphoners to go to it on your phone, then save it on your homepage, so its always a click away. 

I know everyone has alot of other things to do besides tell people about this, and what we do is always more important to us.  I get that.  But I believe in this.  Mainly because God has put it in my heart to share, and he has shown me the fruit of it already.  I trust him.  This is his...not mine.

I have learned alot myself through this.  One thing is that we should accept people for who they are.  Just because they aren't like us or don't live like us doesn't make anything wrong with them.  How does Jesus love them?

Another is that it is ok to have faults.  Just be honest about them.  People desire authenticity.  That is what people respect. 

Next, unless you currently have asked someone specifically themselves what is going on in their life or where they are in their faith, don't even talk about it or assume you know.  You have no right or place doing that. 

Finally, Satan is real.  He WILL attack you.  We should ALWAYS be on guard.  If we hold people in too high of esteem, we will be let down, because we are all sinners.  Celebrate what we have in common, and stay in the Word and walk with the Holy Spirit to best be prepared to push Satan away!

I really do appreciate everyone that stops by here.  You bring so much joy and so many smiles to my day and my life.  With all my heart, I thank you.  Thanks for taking a few minutes out of your day to hear my heart!

Be a blessing out there!

No comments: