Friday, June 10, 2011

A great Proverb...

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all wrongs.

I don't know of many truer statements.  I am big about the state of our hearts.  When we are walking in peace, it is because we are setting our hearts on the good and right things of God.  When we aren't, or life is chaotic, most times it is because we aren't adhering to what we are being told. 

When I look at my life when I feel I was at my worst, I was living a lie.  I wanted to seek God in all I did, but the sin I was choosing to live in kept me from it.  That is all on me.  I know others that I have talked to that share the same experience at some point in their life.  Living right is a choice that we all have.  Sometimes it is on us to do whatever is necessary to get back on the right path.  Thank God he can give us the strength when we ask for it to get rid of the things in our lives that keep us separated from him fully.

Yesterday I got into a conversation that needed to happen a long time ago.  It was tough, but it was also good.  The timing was all about God, and he shows up in some ways when we least expect it.  The reason it went ok was the state of the people's hearts involved. 

Is there something inside you that you have been carrying and God convicts you that you need to deal with it or try to fix it?  It isn't necessarily the easiest thing to do, and alot of times we have to admit and deal with our own wrongs and sin inside of these situations, but God is still bigger than everything, and with the right heart on our part, we can have peace in obeying what he has put in us to do.

Be a blessing today, and find God in even the smallest of things!  He is there!!!

No comments: