Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daily reading...

I notice such a difference in my outlook, my attitude, and my encouragement to others when I make sure that I start my day in the Word.  I definitely have times that it is mid morning or lunch before I can stop and read, but the sooner I read, the better off I am.  And it HAS to be daily, or it is too easy to slide off track, and there in nothing worse than feeling like you're further back from where you have been, right?

So I encourage you to do two things.  First, read proverbs daily.  Whether you are a believer or not, there is amazing and practical daily living advice there for you and your life.  You WILL be blessed from your efforts.  Read whatever chapter corresponds to the day of the month on the calendar.  Then pick out a few verses in it that stick out to you.  Underline them, or just meditate on them throughout the day.  Heck, go a step further and share one with those close to you, and make a difference in their lives!

The second thing is to read Psalm 119 daily.  I'll confess, I don't read the whole thing daily, but rather a large number of what I find to be very powerful and impactful verses within that chapter.  Those verses are 1, 2, 10, 20, 28, 32, 35, 37, 47, 50, 58, 66, 67, 71, 74, 76, 88, 89, 90, 92, 103, 112, 114, 115, 125, 131, 133, 143, 147, 154, 165, 171, 172, and 174.  Underline those.  There are many different valuable words dealing with many different things in there.  Go check those out!

So if you don't read daily already, or are looking for something to make part of your routine that can really help you, then try that.  I would love to know what any of you think of those verses in Psalm 119.  Do any stick out to you?  I encourage you to try this for atleast a week, and see if it makes a positive difference in your life.  Then tell someone else that you are doing it and the difference it has made. 

Remember, it isn't about being perfect, it's about growth in your relationship with the Lord.  But we have to do our part individually!

Make it happen!  Be a blessing out there...

No comments: