Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fill me up buttercup...

I think alot of people seek fulfillment from numerous sources.  I know there was a time in my life that I fell into this boat.  But now, I know that the first place I MUST find my fulfillment is from God. 

I have spoken to people this week that are going through different trials in their lives.  The one thing they all have in common is that they are feeling hurt or negativity from outside sources, and they are allowing it to keep a stronghold over them.  Truth is, there will NEVER be peace unless it comes from above.  God made us.  He perfectly created us.  If we allow ourselves to count on man to meet our needs, then we will constantly be let down, because man will fail us every time. 

The things we most want in our lives are peace, love, joy, happiness, etc...and those come from above.  They are fruits of the Spirit. 

So if you are feeling down, in bondage, frustrated, etc, then I ask you where the source of it is?  Are your expectations resting on another human or situation?  I'd be willing to bet that your focus isn't on seeking God's best for your life, because although we DO face trials, He is not the author of confusion or negativity. 

Open the Word, and lay your burdens at the foot of the cross.  You will feel free, and be allowed to experience the fulfillment and peace you need---from the right source!!!

Have an AWESOME holiday weekend, and be safe out there!

No comments: