Thursday, June 2, 2011

See through the windshield, not the rearview mirror...

This was a case of two totally different days packed into one.  Definitely one Satan was attacking in, and then one where God picked me up in my weakness.  Satan working the rearview mirror, God the bigger windshield. 

It shouldn't surprise us when we go through a difficult time and are already feeling hurt and pain that Satan wants to remind us of every bad life-changing decision we have ever made.  And I don't mean on a 10-inch tv screen, but rather on a HUGE, 5000-inch, large as life, shown in 3D and HD GIGANTIC screen---you know, the one you feel like everyone else is watching with you!

Here is the beauty though---and pay attention, because this is REALLY a complicated truth (ha!)---but God is so much bigger than anything. Yup, that's it.  Pretty amazing, isn't it!  Simple, yet true.  Undeniable fact.

I was at a point of brokenness today.  Actually, it was a period of brokenness.  No strength of my own.  Texting those closest to me asking for prayer, encouragement, help, etc.  And once I stopped and took my own mind out of it, and truly dealt in His truths and word, God changed my day RIGHT THEN AND THERE.  Because his word says he is faithful, and he hears us, and he came through again!

Here are some of the things that he blessed me with this afternoon and evening:

1 Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.
(See what it said?  HIMSELF restore you.)

1 Peter 4:12-13
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.  And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Proverbs 2:7
He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

All powerful verses and passages, but God didn't stop there.  He also gave me some fantastic, honest, healing conversations with a few close brothers, as well as an unexpected call from an old brother (easily a healing highlight of my day).  Then on top of that, just complete joy tonight for a few hours with my awesome kids.  Alot of love, hugs, kisses, "I love you's", and smiles.  When we allow God to work and understand what the things are that we need to give to him to stop binding our hearts, he always comes through.

I just wanted to stop and give him all my praise and glory tonight.  I am nothing without him.

I urge you to keep those eyes looking forward through the windshield out there, and not looking backwards at the rearview.  The windshield is where God is working and holds his path for your life!

I love you Lord.  Thank you for your faithfulness and love.  Thank you for your healing and strength.  Thank you for other christians who bear my burdens and love me for me.  Thank you for forgiveness.  Thank you mostly for Jesus.

No comments: