Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wedding day...

Well, it's finally here.  Wedding day.  My sister will be getting married this evening, and thus begin her life as Mrs. Carter.  It will be a fantastic time tonight, and I am looking very forward to it.  It will be great to see alot of people that I haven't seen in a long time.  I wish them both a lifetime of joy and blessings!

I came across a verse this morning in Proverbs 11 that I think is great.  Verse 9 says, "With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escape."

That speaks to me about truth.  Knowledge comes from understanding, and understanding from knowing the Word of God.  As we seek the Word and apply it to our lives, we walk in truth.  Who can deny truth???  You CANNOT be wrong when you are walking in truth.  No argument, accusation, malicious words, etc, will be able to be used against you and stick when you are standing firmly in truth.  God is faithful in protecting the integrity of those whose walk is blameless.  I don't sit here and claim to be that way, but this verse makes me want to strive even more to live a pure and blameless life of Godly integrity.  Humility is also a big part of this to me.  Pride is something that gets in the way and allows people to be blinded from the truth.  Think about that.

I hope your weekend is blessed!

No comments: