Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We sure make it more complicated than it has to be...

I was thinking today about life, and how we all know and hear things about people that is absolutely none of our business.  These are things that a third party tells us, that never came as first hand knowledge from the actual party being talked about! 

I have found in my own life that I really don't care about what others do.  Now hear me out on this.  I care in the sense that I want God's best for everyone, but no so much in the details of how they live, etc.  Most of all of that is none of my business.  Heck, I have enough to worry about with work, being a dad, bills, activities, church, etc.  I don't need to know the ins and outs of everyone else's lives!

The other thing I have a hard time with is this--how many of us unfairly judge people and hold things against them for a long period of time, and still hold it to them even when they might have changed and we have no idea what they do in their days at this point?  Does that make sense? 

There is only one judge.  People are all different, and that is ok.  We tend to look at others different if they aren't like us or don't believe how we do.  Well, we can choose to not hang out with them or share our time or lives with them, but it is not for us to judge them and tell them they are wrong. 

Anyway, I guess I just hope we all focus on the good things of God, and the blessings in our own lives and sharing those with others---as oppossed to spending time dragging others down, or pointing out their flaws, etc. 

Be a blessing---not a curse!

1 comment:

MattandCorey said...

Dude, I feel ya on this one. I've gotten caught up in that mess. And if I'm honest there are times still where I'll hang around a conversation when someone says, "I heard..." But now I'm more conscious of it and try not to engage as much as I used to. I've found it exhausting. With everything else going on, the last thing I care about is who's doing what or saying what. I can barely keep up with my own crazy life. Plus, there are times when something will come up, and someone will say, "You didn't know that?" and the weird thing is that I enjoy the ignorance. Brings a whole new meaning to ignorance is bliss!