Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thanks Tim...

Had a great lunch with my favorite pastor today.  I'm always honored to be able to steal a few minutes of his time, as I know how busy he stays.  Something he said to me earlier this week was that sometimes our disappointments are God's appointments.  I am blessed to have been given peace that there is alot of truth in that statement.  ALOT of truth.  Not only am I blessed in that peace, but I also give God all the praise and glory for revealing that to me. 

I know in my life, and I am sure it is the same in yours, there are times that we try to put more of what WE want into a situation vs what God wants for us.  Only when we measure our situations up to God's standards for our lives are we able to truly get the bigger picture.  It is a very hard thing to remove ourselves and our investment from things sometimes, but when we do, God is faithful in taking great care of us.  We never go wrong by choosing the right path.  HIS path. 

So here I sit having lived through what seemed a disappointment, and cause hurt and suffering this week, yet I know God has better for me around the corner somewhere.  THAT is something worth getting excited about!

Is there any truth in all of this in your life?  Is there something you are holding onto that you just can't give away to God?  I can tell you from experience that the peace he gives you once you hand it over is unmatched.  Please take my word for it. 

Trust him.

Thanks again, Tim.  I love you, man!

No comments: