Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A lesson learned...

Proverbs 28:19
He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty.

This is one TRUE verse.  I can speak from experience! 

Do to struggling finances in the past, I used to want to find ANY way possible to try to make a quick buck, or cash in on some quick opportunity.  I felt like my heart was right, because it wasn't about greed as much as being comfortable and having plenty stored away.  I spent most of my time thinking and pondering how to make this happen.  Yet in the end, what God showed me was that HE is the supplier of my needs, and I have NEVER been without.  He reminded me that by giving to him faithfully, and honoring the job he had me in, I would be successful.  And I am here to tell you that he is so faithful to me in that.  I don't have a ton, but I don't want a ton.  Proverbs 30:8-9 is where I go to support that.  I enjoy my simple life, and I don't want more things coming into it that can take away from the joy and peace that I have been given.

The other thing to consider here is motive.  If I was focused on the things in front of me that I was already blessed with, I would not have had time or necessity to feel like I needed to be pursuing other things.  Are we focused on OUR plan?  Or trusting God's?  Think about that.

I hope you are having a great week.  I know that I am one blessed man, and I have only God to thank!

No comments: