Friday, July 8, 2011

You just never know...

Almost everyone has heard by this point of the tragic death of the firefighter at the Ranger game from last night.  The more I hear about it, the more it breaks my heart.  I know during the Mavericks and Lakers series, I blogged about the difference an inch can make in life.  That stemmed from watching the Mavs celebrate victory as Kobe had a three-point attempt bounce off the back of the rim as the buzzer sounded. 

Well, this is the other side---the more serious side---of that same idea.  I have pictured in my mind what it would do to my son to witness me go through something like that.  It brings me to tears to think about the pain that he would have to deal with.  Not understanding things and why they happen a certain way.  Children walk with such trust and faith in their lives that they just can't comprehend these types of things. 

I have prayed for that widow, that 6 year-old boy, and everyone involved in that situation, including fans, players, witnesses, etc. 

But the thing I keep coming back to is that God is bigger than all of this, and everything happens for a reason.  We don't understand alot of the time, including this one, but then again, we aren't suppossed to.  God knew this would happen, and somehow, God will get the glory in all of this.  That is the attitude and faith we are called to walk in daily.  I pray that my son and I can talk about this situation, and that God will somehow use this story to show himself to myself and my son in a whole new way. 

Either way, be thankful for the blessings you have today.  Don't wait until they are gone and live with the regret of not sharing.  Live each day as if it might be your last, and live with no regrets!  Don't let stuff that doesn't matter get in the way of the most important things---pray to God that he reveal to you fully what those are in HIS eyes.


Lord, we know that in everything, you reign.  You are the Lord over all, and the Lord of my life.  I trust you, and just want to honor the blessings you have given me each and every day.  I am blessed beyond measure, and you get all of the glory.  Thanks for your love, mercy, and forgiveness.  Forgive and cleanse me where I fail you, and let others see you through me.  I love you Father.  Thank you most of all for Jesus.

No comments: