Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two quick thoughts...

I loved hearing our new Executive Pastor preach for the first time at church this morning.  He brought a great word from Mark 2:1-12 that was centered around fellowship.  I encourage you to read that passage.  The four friends there are something the main guy in the story had, and I am blessed with what I feel like are the same kinds of friends in my life.  What a blessing!

There are two main things that have stuck with me all day from that sermon.  Let me say right here though that Terry presented many true and practical thoughts that can help to make a better life for everyone. 

The first thing is that I need to spend more time really digging through my Bible.  I read it, and read it more than ever.  But when I hear a message like today, I realize that there are still so many things and life lessons I have yet to receive from God's Word.  I just know I want to do all I can to make sure I am in the best position to gain all of the wisdom possible!

The second thing is more about our everyday lives.  Think about your worst habits, sin, etc.  Now, who knows about it?  Who are the people that know about it, and don't judge you for it, but rather desire to love you unconditionally and help you overcome it (keeping in mind that Jesus is where you need to first turn to for that!)?  I am blessed to have people in my life that are those kind of friends.  I CAN'T imagine at all my life without them.  God uses them in amazing ways.  The sad thing to me is that most people worry to much about how others will judge them, and keep their struggles inside and play the "happy game" as they fake through life.  I don't actually blame them, because the ways of the world SUCK.  Heck, most people in most churches SUCK.  Yup---I said it. 

I encourage these people that bottle it in to seek someone trustworthy to talk to.  We can be used in mighty ways by God if we are at peace and free from the devil attacking our minds with our sin---OUR SIN THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN FORGIVEN!!!  If God is our only judge according to the Word, then why in the crap do we care what others think of us?  Seek out, listen to, and trust the guidance of the Holy Spirit in your life.

I pray we will all gain a confidence in the Lord that frees us from bondage.  That we will break those shackles so that we can be better used to carry out the Great Commission!!!  Changing lives and sharing Christ is our main purpose here on Earth!!!

Be a blessing this week!!!

No comments: