Saturday, July 16, 2011

The simplicity of it all...

I love the simplicity of Acts 3:19.

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."

Pretty straight forward, isn't it!  The whole thing starts with us acknowledging our sin.  Once we humble ourselves enough to do that, we need to just ask God to forgive us of those sins, which he has already done through the blood of Jesus on the cross!  Then, the times of refreshing that this verse speaks of, that come from the Lord, is based on the fact that once we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit comes and walks with us.  Things like joy, peace, love, hope, etc, are ALL a part of the blessings that come in that. 

I ask that if any read this and don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, that you please consider this truth, and the truth of his love and power as it is manifested in so many lives, working for our good, all bringing God glory.  There is NOTHING like the love of Christ.  NOTHING!

It is a life-changing decision that myself and so many others have made.  I'm so thankful to know that I never walk alone in this world, seeing as how everytime I have tried to do it all myself, I failed. 

So go and experience all that life has to offer through a relationship with Christ---you'll NEVER regret it!

Have an awesome Saturday!

No comments: