Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Love is a verb...

I would be willing that most people see love played out in their lives as more of a feeling or emotion.  I see it different.  I see love as a state of being.  A constant choice and action.  Love is a marathon, and not a sprint. 

I see as I get older that my personal definition of love has grown and changed drastically over the course of my life.  As I strive to be a better man and grow closer to the Lord, I see that there in his word is where the absolute best example of love can be found.  It is up to us to read that for ourselves and decide what that means to us. 

I trust that there is a perfect match for me out there, and that when I trust God and his timing, that true love will present itself.  I feel more prepared than ever to take care of and honor that love.  God gets the credit for that, as he has had to provide me plenty of accountability and correction in my life for bad choices.  But no matter what, I know that his plan for me is perfect, and my trust is in that. 


Heavenly Father, show me daily what your kind of love is.  Show me how to best honor you in how I love others.  I pray wholeheartedly for every marriage and love relationship tonight.  For those that hurt and are struggling, provide answers and direction.  For those on the right path, give them even more joy, as only you can.  Show us all how to make love not about ourselves, but glorifying you by putting both you and the person we love before ourselves.  Lord, forgive me and cleanse me of any relationship mistakes and sins in my life.  Let me live my life in a way that honors you first and foremost.  Let others see my heart, and let me grow more into a light for you, God.  Let me only focus on what is right, what is of you, and only on the things I can control.  Thank you for Jesus, and thank you for all of the little things you provide daily in my life to bring me joy and happiness.  I love you, Lord. 

No comments: