Monday, July 25, 2011

The first Christian's...

I started reading a book by Frances Chan called "Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect Of The Holy Spirit" today.  I am only into the first chapter, but already between it and the introduction, there are some pretty great questions posed for us. 

As you can probably figure based off of the title, the book is about a very important part of the Trinity---the Holy Spirit.  Specifically, it is about our neglect of it as individuals and as a church. 

The question I pose tonight is from the introduction of the book.  In that introduction, Chan asks what the first Christians would think of church today?  He speaks of how they acted based off of the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit, and looks at how we as a body of believers have very much gotten away from that. 

So what does that look like in your life?  When is the last time you FELT the presence of the Holy Spirit guiding you and leading you?  Or do you act more off of what you think and believe as a human individual?

The Holy Spirit is all kinds of important in our day-to-day lives as believers.  God is so powerful and awesome!  One of the other statements I LOVED early on in the book is that without the Holy Spirit, people operate in their own strength and only accomplish human-sized results.  That is a very powerful statement.  A true statement.

All I know in my life is that I believe with my WHOLE heart that God is supernatural, does the supernatural, and will continue to do the supernatural.  I have seen him work in my life over and over.  Have you?  Do you believe he CAN?  Do you believe he WILL? 

He wants to use the Holy Spirit to come and work in your life, too.  Please let him!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I'm going to try this again. :) Every morning we should be inviting the Holy Spirit to sit with us at our desk, ride next to us in the car, go to the office meeting with us - we should be inviting Him into every aspect of our lives and allowing Him to guide us in everything we do. This is why He was left here for us. We are not alone. Jamie A.