Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Robbing others of a blessing...

How do you handle it when others want to do something kind or nice for you?  Sometimes that may be as simple as putting your plate in the trash, or it could also be as big as paying alot of money for you to go on a trip. 

This is something that I tend to struggle with.  I am one of those people that would prefer to not feel like I depend on others for anything. 

At the end of the day though, if I wanted to do something nice for someone else, and they didn't let me, I would feel like I was robbed an opportunity to bless another.  I find that when I want to reject something that someone is wanting to do for me, it is nothing but pride or selfishness on my part---especially when there is no justifiable reason for me to not accept it!  Truth is, I should thank God for everything, and take the me out of it!

Do you do that?  Do you rob others of opportunities to be a blessing?  Next time you are about to reject something that someone is trying to do for you or give to you, stop first and think about it from their perspective.  What if you were in their shoes?  How would you feel if the roles were reversed?

God works in many different ways.  He blesses us in many different ways.  Sometimes, it just isn't for us to understand!  Just be thankful, and accept the blessings that he wants to pass along your way!

I am BEYOND blessed.....THANKS GOD!!!

No comments: