Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some days are easier than others...

You know, as humans it is very hard sometimes to separate what our own hearts want vs what God wants.  Our own minds try to overtake what he is telling us and cloud the truth.  I think that is just very natural.  To choose something that we know God is allowing and is in his will breaks our hearts when we have been going down a different path the other way for so long.  Some things are just to be beyond our understanding.  I know in these times that we can NEVER go wrong hiding our hearts in God's chest and purely and totally trusting him.  As tough as that is to have to physically get up and walk through, God promises many times that his will is beautiful and blessed for us, and that trusting in him is the only way to it.  I believe that, have faith in that, and put my full trust in that. 


Father, my heart hurts, and you know my burdens.  I give them all to you, and am trusting you.  I will not settle for less than your best, no matter what my selfish heart or this dirty world tells me.  I see the fruit of your work in my life, and I want more.  Rid me of anything and everything that gets in the way of fully pursuing you, so I can be as much like your Son as possible.  I will never be ashamed of choosing you, and the peace and joy that comes with that choice is unmatched.  Heal my heart, fill it with your Word and your love.  Fill my minutes and seconds with only things of you, and I pray that people will see your work through my life.  I pray they will see Jesus in me.  I look forward to the things that you have ahead for me, and know that as I journey towards them, even in tough times, that I am not alone.  You are always there with me.  Forgive me where I fail you, Lord.  Cleanse me of my sins.  Make me a new creation molded as you see fit.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for saving me.  Thank you for your Son Jesus.  I love you Lord.  My life is yours.

No comments: