Monday, May 9, 2011

So many things on my mind...

I have alot of thoughts lately, so why not put them here!!  Ha!

-The Lakers looked pathetic as they lost to the Mavs.  I give Lamar Odom a pass on his hard check on Dirk-a-liscious, but Bynum acted like a PUNK with that play on Barea.  Odom's check looks worse when coupled with the cheap shot by Bynum.  The people that would know say that Odom is one of the classier guys around, although he showed poor judgement in that moment.  Either way, enjoy watching the Mavs from home Los Angeles Losers!

-Why is it so easy for people to point fingers and talk about people when they don't even know them?  I mean as far as making judgements on overall character, thoughts, motives, etc.  The heart is what God looks at, and forgiveness for sin in our lives is a very real thing.  So if we wanna talk about someone's heart or speak of their motives, should we not get to know the heart of that person first? 

-Guilty pleasure of mine = Bethenny Ever After on Bravo.  I wish she was a Christian.  I very much admire her strength, determination, and making the most of opportunities and not settling.  I think we all can learn from things like that in others, no matter who they are.  She had nothing, yet took an idea and became a multi-millionnaire in the end due to hard work and belief in that idea.  It greatly motivates me to pursue God in a new way.  To seek purpose in my life like I never have before.  Not only that, but to not settle for any less than God's best, and not let people hold me back from what I believe God wants from my life.  She impacts people and gives them hope and motivation to seek their best.  I hope I can do that in people's lives for the Lord and with the Holy Spirit as my guide.  It all started with an idea....don't sell ideas short!  FOLLOW THROUGH!  I say that to myself more than anything!

-I am having a hard time with our government.  I don't know what I think of stories changing over and over about this Osama stuff.  And why in the crap is that fella's name spelled two different ways???

-Who is going to beat Obama in 2012?  Can anyone?

-I love Proverbs.  They provide so much wisdom and insight, as well as solid direction.  I am excited about digging into them more with Timbo's Sunday morning series on them at church.

-Why do some people love pursuing drama?  I know in my own life, most drama I have ever been through was self-induced.  I freely admit that.  I also freely admit that life is so much better as drama is pushed further and further away!  I encourage anyone to seek a life that way!

-Since Osama is dead, do you think someone will give us back our money, guns, vehicles, and training that we gave he and his homeboys back in the early 80's??????

-I hope people tell others about this site.  I hope alot of men get to see this.  I hope it challenges people and encourages people.  I know God has a passion in my heart about it, and I have been reserved as far as "promoting" it, because I don't want it about me, but rather about how great God is!  I have had to learn that it is ok to tell people about it and ask them to check it out.  I hope for some good honest feedback, and that people will freely open up and share here.  I don't care who it is or what they think, as long as it is truth spoken from the heart.  No judging here.  So if you ever have the opportunity to tell others about this in any form or fashion, big or small, please DO IT!  And THANK YOU!  I wish a few people would just type the address in their facebook post and tell others to check it out and read some of the posts on here.  We HAVE to beleive that we can make a difference in anything and everything we do.  I wholeheartedly believe that.  I believe in my heart that lives can be changed, families and marriages strengthened, healing can occur, friendships formed, and so much more through sharing here.  Through being open and honest about who we are and what we think and feel.  Whether that is shared here, or the motivation and encouragement comes from here and comes to fruition somewhere else.  Pray for opportunites through here please.  And thank you!  I am often blessed in many different ways through this site and writing here.  God is so very good :)

I have alot more on my mind, but I will stop there for today.  Be sure to be a blessing out there.  See the world through someone else's eyes.  Step into their shoes for a minute.  Look at the world in a whole new way, and allow God to use you like He never has before!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: