Monday, May 23, 2011

It's around here somewhere...

After writing yesterday, God has been all over my heart thinking of those that will answer that post with, "Well, there just isn't enough time!"  I personally have found that statement to be nothing but false.  I have heard Tim Montgomery even say from the pulpit that we MAKE time for the things WE want to do!  I completely agree.

I learned today that the first time the word "love" was used in the Bible was referring to sacrifice (Gen 22:2).  If we are to love Christ, and love our neighbors as ourselves, then it seems there is much sacrifice to be involved in that.  Heck, think of the blood that was shed on the cross for us!  Talk about sacrifice!

So, we have the time, it's just a matter of getting things lined out to get ourselves out of the way and allow God to work.  Really, nothing should be about "us".  When we walk into church, it isn't about us.  When we spend our money, it isn't about us.  When we talk to others, it isn't about us.  Even in our workday, whatever that involves, it still isn't about us.  I know, I know---easier said than done---but the question is more about the EFFORT we put into PURSUING God and His will for our lives.  That directly involves how every minute of our day is spent, and the attitude behind every thought, action, and word.

Check out these verses, and let me know what they say to you about time and time management.  What do you think about the previous paragraphs?  Agree?  Disagree?

Eph 5:15-16
Eph 1:11
1 Cor 4:20
2 Cor 5:10

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your week is blessed and God shows us all how we can better utilize our time to glorify Him!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm guilty of using the "Time" excuse. Don't have time to read and study my Bible, don't have time to go up to the church and take care of a few things they need help with, I could go on but I think you get my point. I prayed about it, then I was shown that while I didnt have time to do all those other things I did have to watch Sportscenter or 1 of my other shows, I was reading Sports Illustrated or the Texarkana Gazette, and then came the Conviction part that we love so much!

God convicted me that I'm letting all these things get in the way of my relationship with Him, then it took on a whole new meaning, all these other things had become my IDOLS, it would've been no different if I had a golden calf in my yard that I was bowing to.