Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You can't put a price on peace of mind...

That's a statement that I'll bet most can't argue!  There really is something to be said about being able to walk throughout your day, week, and life with peace in your heart and mind.

But how do you get it?  How do you live it out?  IS it REALLY attainable???

Absolutely!  Some scriptures that I have enjoyed reading the last few days that deal with this some are 1 Peter 3:8-22, 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12, John 14:27, Rom 5:1, Colossians 3:15, and Psalm 34:14.

Pay special attention to the last verse.  It states to me that we are in fact INSTRUCTED to PURSUE peace.  It is our responsibility!

To me, it starts in our hearts from our end.  It is a choice.  An attitude.  Do we decide to faithfully trust God for HIS plan, or do we force life and make our own, which Proverbs 19:21 tells us will not work!  I believe that when we choose to have an attitude to seek God with all we have, and trust His word, His spirit, and surround ourselves with things of Him, we will be able to trust His plan and path and walk therefore in total peace.  We then understand that even the things we may seem negative are just a detail of our lives, but a detail that our Lord is still in control of.  His love for us is amazing!


Father, forgive me for the times I try to take control back of my life.  Forgive me where I fail you, Lord.  I lay my burdens down at your feet, and give you all of my heart and soul.  Use me as you wish for your glory, and your glory alone.  You are mighty, and I trust you.  I give you my life.  Thank you for sending Jesus, and thank you for what His blood stands for.  Thank you so much for filling my life and surrounding me with things that bring me peace.  Peace in YOU.  I love you, Lord.


Be a blessing out there!  Make a difference.  Open your eyes and SEEK the opportunities---they are out there in front of you!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Interesting subject for this evening.

I failed a test of faith earlier today when Tiffany's wallet was stolen, I was so hung up on the money they drained out of our bank account, which is something that most of us would have done. I need to have that peace of mind that in all circumstances I immediately turn to God and know he has whatever the situation is under control.
I should be thankful that even though her wallet was stolen, that was it. Someone could have caught her coming out of the store or out of the house and beat her and hurt her or the kids and took the wallet also.