Monday, May 2, 2011

Lord, grant me more wisdom...

Proverbs 1

The Purpose of Proverbs
   
   1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel.
    2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline,
      to help them understand the insights of the wise.
    3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives,
      to help them do what is right, just, and fair.
    4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple,
      knowledge and discernment to the young.
    5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser.
      Let those with understanding receive guidance
    6 by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables,
      the words of the wise and their riddles.
    7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge,
      but fools despise wisdom and discipline.


I desire wisdom from the Lord.  As I have said many times, I am but a simple man who tries to learn from the discipline and teachings that God has injected into my life.  I fail daily.  I am far from perfect.

Having said that, I see great strides in my daily walk that I give God full credit and glory for.  It is possible to have increased peace, joy, and grow in wisdom when we do our all to sell out completely to the Lord and His will.

Whatever struggles you are dealing with today, I encourage you to lay them at the foot of the cross.  I also tell you that there isn't anything God can't do.  He is awesome, powerful, loving, almighty, a healer, joy-giver, and judger.  He is everything we ever could need.  I know so many people must walk around with a heart that is hurting and turning colder everyday because they think nobody cares.  If you read this and don't know me, then I am inviting you to reach out to me and share, because I have a deep care for others.  Sometimes we just need a place to let our hearts free of those burdens.  To confess our sins and cleanse ourselves and get a fresh start.  This life is NOT a "one-and-done" kind of life.  Just because you feel you have let God down or failed in the past along the way to today doesn't mean God can't still do GREAT and MIGHTY things through you!  What I hope you hear more than anything is that it is not the act of temptation in our lives that is bad, it's what we do with it as soon as we recognize it.  That ATTITUDE we carry into dealing with it one way or another.  None of us is perfect, and I believe with my whole heart that if we stopped acting like we were to put on that good ole show for everybody, we could just be real and get to the business at hand----experiencing God's power in our lives, submitting daily to His will, and taking what we have to the world and winning souls for the Kingdom of God!

One day and one person at a time, we CAN make a difference!

No comments: