Saturday, May 28, 2011

Some things I stand on...

These are just a few verses that I am holding close to my heart and mind as I go through my weekend.  I hope they can bring you encouragement as they do me.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."

It seems that people love to focus more on the 11th verse, but it is the last statement, verse 13, that I find provides the most encouragement.  We are told right there how to find God and find the answers that we seek in our lives.  His guidance is that simple to find!

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

That tells me that when we start losing focus of what is in front of us today because we are too worried about figuring out our futures, we are going against God.  It is by faith we follow our convictions and the Holy Spirit.  In doing that, we know that we are where we are suppossed to be and are living out those verses in Jeremiah mentioned above.  Focus on today.  I know that is hard to do sometimes, but we are called to have that kind of faith and trust in God.  Take advantage of the blessings and opportunities in front of you TODAY.

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love.

Wow.  I think that faith and hope are some pretty powerful and important things.  So to have love mentioned as even greater speaks volumes to me.  When you think about the attitude and heart involved in truly loving, it makes me believe that love CAN conquer all.  Love is that strong.  Love involves both faith and hope.  I choose to believe in love and the power of love.

Proverbs 28:14
Blessed is the man who always fears the Lord, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.

Powerful words.  The heart is the wellspring of life according to the Word.  It is our hearts that first accept and love Christ.  So anytime we are going against Christ, I believe we are hardening.  That speaks of the importance of walking closely with the Holy Spirit, staying strong in the Word of God, and surrounding ourselves with wise counsel and constant accountability of some form or fashion.  Anytime we stray from this, we are at risk of allowing Satan a foothold.  Period.  The only way is to be constantly meditating on the Word and the good and life-changing things of God. 


Father, you know the desires of my heart, but it is your will that I want to live and have.  I know you have the best for me, and I submit my life to you.  I graciously accept anything and everything you have ever given me, and will give me going forward.  Your love is perfect, and I hope people will see your Son through me as I walk this Earth daily somehow.  Thank you for your Word that brings wisdom, comfort, and encouragement.  I love you, Lord.  Hear my prayers today, and bring peace, comfort, joy, and a renewed spirit, heart, and mind to those I lift up to you.  Thank you for moving and working among us.  Thank you for my time with you and in your Word today.  I give you the praise and glory for everything---no matter what.

No comments: