Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vision and passion...

I hate I missed Tim's lesson at lunch on Monday.  I hear from one of my best friends that was there that there was a section of the talk on vision, and specifically about visions we get from God for our lives. 

That leads me to this tonight---do you get visions from God about yourself, ministry, or life?  What are they?  Do they seem far-fetched to you?  Impossible?  My only thing to say to any of that is that God is ALMIGHTY and can give us the power and strength to do ANYTHING He wants us to do!  It is just our job to listen to the Holy Spirit as it leads, and then follow-through on what it says to us.

It seems that most of our visions might deal with what we are passionnate about in some form or fashion.  One of the things I have had to learn is that what might be important to me and fill me with passion isn't necessarily what others close to me are passionnate about.  Alot of times that might discourage us, and Satan would love for us to buy into the fact that nobody cares, but truth is, if God fills you with it, see it through. 

This blog is my best example of that in my life.  There are some people that read it often, some here and there, and some closest to me haven't at all.  At first, I think Satan tried to frustrate me with that.  I praise God that over time, He reminded me that my job is to control what I can control and just be faithful and obedient to what He puts on my heart, and it will be fruitful.  I am very passionnate about this.  I love writing and sharing, and believe in my heart that God will use this to change someone's life in some form or fashion.  I have had to learn that it is ok to tell others about it, and in the event they don't care or read it ever, that is fine.  All God has asked me to do is be faithful to it, share about it, and trust Him.  So that is all I worry about!  I don't care what people think about that, because I am just being faithful!

Our Sunday School class is going over "Outlive Your Life" by Max Lucado.  In it, there are many different ministries mentioned that people have started, and it all started with a vision, and the passion to see it through.  My man Will mentioned Sunday the fact I mentioned earlier about what one has passion about, another might not.  I know this study is happening for a reason right now, and the teachings many of us are hearing are geared towards this with a purpose behind it!  Think about that in your life, and what you are suppossed to do with that information.

My encouragement to you is to share with someone what your vision or passion is.  Heck, I ask you to take a minute and do it here!  You never know who else might have the same passions or visions, and what God can do through people sharing their hearts!  TRUST WHAT HE HAS PUT IN THERE!!!!

My passion is encouraging others and motivating.  I love sharing what God has taught me and impacting people's lives for Him.  I see myself speaking to groups or teaching people one day.  Details beyond that are still a mystery at this point!  I'd love the opportunity to go to different groups or churches and sing and give my testimony.  I want people to know that this life isn't "one-and-done" when it comes to failure.  I could go on for hours about my passion to share those things, and so much more! 

So what is in your heart?  What would you do if money didn't matter?  How would you spend your time?


I know tonight is lengthy (SORRY, DENNIS!), but I can't get out of here without asking anyone who reads this to tell others.  My vision for this blog is that eventually, people all across our country will check in on it and share their hearts, and we will all be challenged, comforted, and have opportunities to grow.  So tonight, I ask my folks with iphones to go to this page on your internet on your phone, then save the page to your homescreen, so it is always a click away!  See any encouragement you might ever get here as potential to encourage someone else, or maybe a thought here to provoke a question for someone you are trying to get to know better, etc.

I am beyond blessed, and so thankful for the freedom I have to share the Lord of my life and heart with others.  I pray for a whole new boldness and authenticity like I have never known before.

God is good!

No comments: