Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back and forth...

I have pretty strong feelings about how our president is doing when it comes to running our country, and I am admittedly pretty hard on him and his policies and ideas.  I also am fair, and want to stop and give him credit for pulling the trigger on this mission, which is a positive for our country.  I also think President Bush deserves large amounts of credit as well for his methods of dealing with terrorism.  I know many families feel justice has started to be served with this killing and this man going to hell.

That is the American in me.

The christian in me has a sore heart at the fact that hell is more populated now. 

It is tough to draw the line on where I stand on all of this.  I want to hate Osama and rejoice at his murder pretty bad.  Every time I do though, God convicts me that hate has no place in my heart, and rejoicing at the suffering or death of anyone isn't my place---even this man.  The way I see it, God is in control, and He allowed this to happen.  Therefore, it was His will.  So I give God glory for showing His power and authority in this.  That's where I stop giving praise.  I will say also that I am thankful that there is one less evil terrorist on this earth.

I wonder what others think of this?  I wonder what other christians think of this?  Do my feelings make sense?  Do you agree?  I don't know that I am right, I just am sharing what is in my heart.

Either way, and no matter what, God is good.  He is the King of Kings, and He is my Lord.  I look at all this stuff and realize that the world is going to continue to get worse, and terrorism will increase towards America atleast in the short-term due to this.  Sure makes me glad that I know where I am going when my time comes to leave this earth.  Thanks for saving me Father!

I pray each one of you has the chance to live a life of peace and joy with Christ.  I promise His love is real, and making Him your best friend is so very worth it!

1 comment:

Chris said...

On the subject of Bin Laden, I havent had mixed emotions about this at all, he broke laws of the land and he suffered the consequences for his actions, plain and simple, black and white. Now, with that being said, I'm not celebrating this man being killed.
One of the main things that has really bothered me is the reaction of alot of the american people, jumping up and down and celebrating, to me it shows how much is wrong with this country. My point being, from all the news coverage there is no evidence of anyone in this country that opposes the death penalty, don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to the death penalty, I believe if u are put on trial, convicted and sentenced to death that's what needs to happen.
In this country if a guy rapes and kills a woman, or a man drives around from city to city sniping people, someone breaks into a house and brutally beats an old woman and man to death will go to prison but escape the death penalty on grounds of insanity and if they do happen to make it to the injection table there are hundreds of protesters outside not wanting it to happen. I'm aware of the fact that a person can be forgiven and accept the Lord as their Saviour and be forgiven, put the laws of the land have been broken and you have to pay the penalty of your crime.

I hope this makes sense because I often feel when I'm commenting on these things that it doesn't.