Saturday, April 2, 2011

State of the union...

Not our President's, but mine.

I think it is important for me to stop every once in a while and just share my heart and why I do this.  If you go back and read my first blog, it speaks alot to my heart and how I feel about things.  None of that has changed.  I still feel strongly that there is a need for people from all walks of life, all backgrounds, all denominations, etc, to have a forum or outlet to share and grow.  Specifically, I try to share my heart, a little of my life, some of my thoughts, and so on---and do it in a way that might provoke thought and comments from you readers and followers.  I do it in hopes that we might be bold in who we are and feel the freedom to share our thoughts and feelings openly.  No judging here.  No putting down here.  Only freedom to speak your mind, but in a way that offers respect to all for who they are.  There is only one judger.  I do ask that people take others words seriously, and read them in a way that might challenge what you believe.  That is the growth part.  We can all learn something from everyone out there.  It is up to us individually to have the heart and attitude that desires growth and change for the good.  God will NEVER be done molding us. 

So I hope you understand all of that.  I also hope that you will tell others about this blog.  Not because of me, but because God has put it in my heart to do this, and I trust that he has for a reason.  I have been very blessed by feedback, comments, and encouragement I have received from others since starting this.  God is so very good to me, and I just am trying to be faithful to what he has put in my heart to do.

So feel free to comment.  To pick me apart.  To share your own heart.  To tell others to do the same. 

I hope we can all celebrate here what we have in common.  All of our similarities.  I also hope we can celebrate differences and learn from one another.  That we can challenge each other to grow and learn from our different thoughts and experiences in life.

I hope your day has been blessed, and feel free to ask any questions or give any thoughts on all of this.  This is a marathon, not a sprint!  This is also YOUR site as much as it is mine.  Just consider me a facilitator!!

Thanks again for stopping by---don't be a stranger!

No comments: