Saturday, April 23, 2011

Look both ways...

I am a reflector.  I don't know if that is good or bad, but I am.  I was saved just before I was 21, and after experiencing that, God has revealed to me along the way just some of the numerous times He was working on my behalf.  There were many people who prayed for me, loved on me, encouraged me, invited me, talked to me, etc.  I am very thankful for those people, and try as often as I can to seek them out now and let them know how God used them in my life.  Maybe that can encourage them as they press forward.  I also believe that brings God glory when we take the effort to reach out and speak of His goodness.

In the same way, I try today to take stock in every moment and seek God in it.  I try to measure my friendships by the same thing I spoke of above.  How will those in my life remember me 5, 10, or 20 years down the road?  Did I bring good to them?  Did I show them Jesus?  Did I offer unconditional friendship?  Did I not look for sin in their life with which to judge them by, but rather find the good and encourage them with that?

I am so excited about tomorrow.  I am so blessed.

Thank you Lord for loving me unconditionally. I pray I show people Jesus.  Forgive me where I fail you.  I give you my heart.

I love you Lord.

No comments: