Monday, April 18, 2011

Preparation, preparation, preparation...

What are we living for?  What are YOU living for?  Each day, what is your purpose?  What are you working towards?  I don't mean in your job.  Or with your finances.  I mean the bigger picture.  Life. 

The way I see it, we are suppossed to be living out the Great Commission first and foremost.  From there, it is about growing with God more and more everyday.  Everyday we should be prepared to face any opportunity, circumstance, or detail that comes our way. 

What if tragedy here on earth struck your life right now?  Are you prepared to deal with it and handle it?  What would you turn to?  What things in your life today would be pushed away and deemed non-important in the event of that?  Well, then I ask, why are they in your life today?  If they have nothing to do with truth, facts, and growing in your faith in God---becoming more and more Christ-like---then they should have no place, right?

I can't help but look at all of the negative in the world and think about how much people tend to focus on bad things.  People love tearing each other down.  They love picking fights, bickering, selfishness, pride, arrogance, money, etc, etc, etc.  I could go on and on.  We are all guilty of it atleast sometimes.  I just hope I am always quick to recognize it and even quicker to stomp on it and remove it from my life.

Those things send a negative witness out there.  What does that tell others about our Savior when we act that way?  Are you a blessing to others, or a curse?

Just some food for thought this week. 

I watched the Passion of the Christ last night.  Man....that hurts to see.  To see those soldiers and people treating MY Jesus that way.  Breaks my heart.

Lord, forgive me where I fail you.  Fill my heart with your Word, humility, love, forgiveness, joy, and thankfulness.  Your peace and strength carry me through my everyday, and I give you all the glory for anything I am that is good.

I love you Lord.

No comments: