Sunday, April 17, 2011

I believe the children are our future...

So, are we teaching them well to let them lead the way?

I love weekends with my kids.  I often stop and just look at them and watch them and take the moment in.  I'm a "moments" guy.  I can easily get wrapped up in the importance of a moment and try to see the big picture in something.  I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but it's me, and I'm cool with that. 

Tonight I was watching the movie "Lemonade Mouth" on Disney with them.  Pretty cute movie.  Pretty great messages in it.  It got me thinking about all of the things I wish for my children.  Here are just a few of those things:

-  To fight for what you believe in
-  To develop an amazingly close relationship with the Lord
-  To dream big, and let nothing hold you back
-  To put others before yourself
-  To be smart with money
-  To have a much better life than their dad
-  To learn a musical instrument
-  To understand where they came from
-  To be a lover of the Word
-  To encourage others, regardless of who they are
-  To never quit or lose hope in something
-  To follow their heart

There is so much more...so much.

I think of these things daily, and give them all to God.  I give them to you, Father, and trust you with their care always.  Thank you for the blessings that they are in my life.  Please help me be my best as I lead them on this earth.  Help me let them see you in and through me.

I love you Lord.

No comments: