Monday, April 25, 2011

Going into battle...

I love the movie "Glory".  It is star-studded, and a great story.  I was doing some cleaning around my apartment tonight, and saw it on as I scrolled through some channels once the tornadic activity had passed.  I couldn't help but stop and sit and watch it off and on.  As I did, God was placing the sacrifice of those soldiers on my heart.  Not only how honorable they were and how hard they fought, but mostly the attitude that they carried into it. 

These guys were black soldiers that nobody gave any chance or respect to.  They were looked upon as less, spoken to as less, and treated as less.  Yet one by one, they found a way to band together.  They formed the common belief that as a unit, they could make a difference as long as each individual did their part and gave their all. 

Eventually, they got their break and the chance to go into action.  They knew that their mission was going to lead to death, but that it was also for the greater good that they were fighting.  They were aware of the sacrifice involved, and embraced it wholeheartedly. 

Man, that speaks volumes to me about our lives here on earth in 2011.  Can you imagine what might happen if we all gave our absolute best?  Can you imagine the possibilities of having a unified band of Jesus-following brothers and sisters out there in this jacked-up world?  The impact could be beyond our wildest imaginations!  If we actually made it about the things that matter, and stood shoulder-to-shoulder and went to battle everyday together, I believe we CAN impact this world for the Lord one person at a time!

Just think about all of that.  Then think about the blood on that cross.  What is it worth to you?


Lord, I give you my life and my heart.  I pray that each day you will give me opportunities and I will be walking with you so that I can recognize them.  I want to honor you in the things that I do, and do them solely for your GLORY.

Forgive me where I fail you, and thank you for showing us how to truly make a difference and lead by example.

I love you Lord.

No comments: