Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sing it Aretha...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Wanna find out what it means to me?

Verb: Admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
 
Noun: A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
 
So if we respect something, why do we so often mistreat it?  Whatever it may be, if it garners our admiration for any reason, we should honor that, not tear it down.
 
I ask you to look at your day and your life.  Are there things close to you that you are looking at through your own eyes and not God's eyes?  Are you looking at it in the wrong way and not giving it it's due respect?  Maybe a person, a job, an opportunity?  I encourage us all to seek from the Lord to put into our hearts the good and fruitful things that He wants there, and then to show them respect as He would as we come across them.  That we would show consistency in that, that we may be a light to others that see how we live and desire to have the same peace and joy that only God can give.
 
I am so excited for Sunday.  My Jesus is ALIVE!  I am praying this week for opportunities to invite and encourage others towards my risen Savior.
 
If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus and you read this, I ask you to please send me an email through here so that I can just share with you who Jesus is to me, and what impact He has had on my life.  His blood is the most beautiful thing ever.  So precious.  His presence and power are so very real and evident.  I will never be the same again.
 
God is good.

No comments: