Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Unrecognized Faith...

There I was sitting MANY feet above the snowy and rock-filled ground.  By myself.  In a ski-lift. 

I'm not gonna lie---it freaked me out a little. 

This wasn't my first time though.  Truth is, I had ridden in one a few times that day already, and had some the day before as well.  The difference was, I wasn't by myself those times.

But there I sat this time, and it was different.  I was alone with my thoughts.  I allowed fear to get in my head for a second and step directly in the way of faith.

What a crappy and bad feeling!

So after I realized that my priorities were out of order, I started thinking about why and what it all meant.  It is funny that the first thing I did was look at all of the other people riding this thing.  I also thought about how many others had ridden it, right along with myself, the whole time I had been there at Keystone.  It got me to thinking about the faith we show in the first-place when it comes to riding these things.  I never once questioned whether I would or wouldn't ride it.  I just watched how and then did it.

Have you ever thought about how many things in our lives we just do because we know that is the right thing to do?  How much actual faith we walk through in our day without realizing it?  It is all over.  It is present in TONS of little things all around us!  For example, every time we get in our car, we have faith it will start.  We have faith that we will get to where we are going safely.  We also have faith in others that they know what THEY are doing in THEIR cars!  We don't doubt that.  We know these things.  Airplanes are the same way.  We have faith that our pilots are actual pilots when we purchase those tickets long before we go through TSA at the airports and get groped.  We have faith that the airplanes aren't going to collide at 30,000 feet.  Think about it---this concept is true ALL throughout our days and weeks.

So why is it that we have such a hard time having faith in Jesus?  Not having it in general, but ACTUALLY living our lives believing he is who he says he is, and that he will do what he says he will do?  If we know he is real, and we know the word is truth, then why don't we act on that faith more in our lives?  We operate on faith perfectly with cars, airplanes, and other things daily of that nature.  Why not have more faith in our very own PROFESSED faith?  Ponder on that...

It is simple.  It is just like first riding the lift.  I watched the example, then followed the example in my own life, and things turned out great.  We have our own example in Jesus.  I could keep babbling, but you get the point.  Atleast I hope you do.
Either way, I praise God that as soon as I realized the error of MY thinking, I got back to thinking HIS way of thinking.  MY God is who he says he is, and he DOES what he says he will do.  I have lived it, and am exciting to keep doing the same!

Live BOLDLY my friends.  Live in the truth.  Don't worry about perfection---but rather just allowing some room for growth.

Happy New Year to you all, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN 2012!!!    

No comments: