Monday, January 16, 2012

Riding Is The Same As Walking...

I typically have alot of solid time to think and pray while riding my bike, and yesterday was no different.  God showed me a couple of different things during that ride, and they are as follows:

1)  On a lighter note, I looked down at my shoes after I tied them, and got to looking at my jogging/riding pants fitted on my legs.  It was a different look than I'm used to, and for just a second I felt like I could have been Tommy Magness, long lost son of Kale, and brother of David and Justin, who all have the hair, figures, musical ability, gorgeous ladies, and studliness to pull off skinny jeans!  I can't lie, I felt like my street-cred was sky high for those few moments.   

2)  On a more serious note, God showed me that riding my bike is very much just like walking with Him in my faith each day. 

When I ride, I have preparation before I get actively into my ride.  There are things I need to make sure are in line before I ever hit the pavement so that I can set up the best ride possible.  I also have to make sure within my ride that I pace myself, as it is a long ride.  I might be climbing a hill, and when I do, the best way to conquer that hill is to not look at the end, but rather what is there right in front of me.  If I am focused on something else, I won't be able to best function right where I am at.  Also, sometimes I need to pedal hard, then sometimes I might be cruising along downhill and can take off the gas and enjoy the stillness.  When I am done, I have found that sharing my small victories in my own fitness have encouraged others to do more with their own.  One just taking the time to share with another can end up changing MANY! 

Now take that over to your walk in your faith.  I don't need to speak to the details of how the two are alike, but rather ask this question---where are you right now?  What is God wanting to do with you and your life?  How does He want to work through you?

I hope that wherever you are today, your ultimate desire is to grow.  You CAN make a difference RIGHT NOW!

It doesn't matter one single bit where you have been, what you have done, or where you are currently---it's just about adopting the attitude and moving forward.   God does not waste ANYTHING!

Just BELIEVE it...then PURSUE it...and be ready for an AWESOME journey!

No comments: