Sunday, January 8, 2012

Anywhere & anytime...

God is doing amazing things.  Today at Heritage we had the youth leading the service coming off of their big "Vertical" weekend.  First, let me comment on their leader.  He was the guy that you didn't even see until the end of the service!  David Farren is an example of the kind of leader we should all look to.  One of my favorite authors is John Maxwell.  Maxwell often speaks of  the most effective leaders being those that put others in a position to flourish and succeed.  Often times, they put people in places and situations that they haven't been in, and these people accomplish new and great things.  David is that kind of leader.  His youth lead the worship.  They speak.  They perform dramas.  I tell our children that he is the kind of man they need to watch and take note of how he lives and how he loves.  Ok, enough about David...

On to today.  The whole service was amazing.  The church was PACKED with people.  And each of us sitting in the congregation were treated by God to an amazing 75 minutes of worship, messages, and dramas---and God used only people under 18 as the vehicle for this blessing. 

I could go on and on about how moved I was today.  I was literally in tears during the final drama that was performed.  But instead, I will write about the things I took away from today.

God can use any one in any place at any time.  Period.  If I recall correctly, a 14-year old young man stopped adults dead in their tracks with his words today.  He spoke nothing but truth.  He spoke nothing but the Word of God.  That ALWAYS resonates and challenges us.  The young lady leading worship has an angelic voice.  Her ability to lead a group together towards the throne I am in awe of.  I could go on about the actors and actresses, the other speakers, the band, the other people that helped, etc.  Either way, the take away is that age, race, sex, length of being a believer, etc, DO NOT MATTER because God can use any one in any place at any time. 

I also found great hope in the future today.  Not only from the young people involved, but also thinking of the group of young kids like ours that will be coming into Streamline over the next number of years.  The more kids that get involved, the more kids that are a part of something strong, and the more the environment is created for our kids to live RADICALLY and make a difference for Christ. 

That last sentence is the one that challenges me most from today.  I sat there watching the skit with tears in my eyes thinking about my life.  I was thinking about the things that might get in the way of me being my absolute best for Jesus, and if I even stop to recognize them.  I was also thinking of the example that I am to my wife, to my kids, to my family, and to others.  How do I measure up?  The tears were there because of the deep love I have for Jesus Christ, and the recognition that I desire nothing more but to be my best for him.  There is NO greater love. 

I look forward to waking up tomorrow and seeing how I can grow closer to God.  I also look forward to seeing the opportunities that God presents to me to make a difference for Christ in others' lives. 

Thanks David Farren and Streamline for your love of Jesus and for your obedience.  Know that God used you today...

No comments: