Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The making of YOU...

Do you ever think about how life seems to go through ups and downs?  I don't even necessarily mean our circumstances, but moreso our habits and attitudes. 

Although I have had an awesome holiday season, I still had moments that I felt not as much like "me".  Nothing bad at all, just out of routine and such.

So here in the last week, I have prioritized my life to be sure the things I love, yet don't get in the way of family and responsibilities, are more a part of my week.  AND IT HAS FELT SO GREAT!  The funny thing is, it is just a few simple things that make all of the difference in my motivation, my thinking, and my health.

First is exercise.  I had gotten to where I wasn't exercising much the last 8 weeks.  I use the word "much" very loosely right there.  Last week, I rode my bike twice for about 20 miles each time, then also walked/jogged another two times for 3.7 - 4.5 miles each time.  The energy I got from that was unmatched.  The motivation I felt after accomplishing that each time was through the roof!  So the next thing I did was read more again.  The Bible and John Maxwell are the first two things back on the list.  The more I ride and read, the more my mind is focused on the things that are good and productive.  That leads to more blogs, which has nothing to do with me, but actually are all here to provide encouragament to others in some form or fashion.  The confidence gained from filling my mind, heart, soul, and body with these wonderful things helps me live such a fruitful and peaceful life.  More good in, more good out.  Less good in, CRAPPY TIMES ARE AHEAD! 

See, right there are just three simple things that make ALL of the difference in my day-to-day living.  What about you?  What are the things that are present in your life when you feel at your best?  Are those things in your life now?  What about the flip-side?  What things suck the life out of you and create drama and negativity in your world?  What can you do to permenantly delete them from your day-to-day activities, freeing you up for better things to go in their place?

Now that you've thought about it---ACT ON IT!!!   

My hopes for us all are that we seek individually the things that help us live a strong and productive life.  We only have so much time here, so each day that goes by wasted is a MISSED OPPORTUNITY!

Let's all shoot for less of those wasted days and more of the ones where we can help change lives!

Be a blessing out there...

1 comment:

BAP said...

Great post! Call it a new year resolution or a recommitment but I too have reengaged my daily bible reading plan. Likewise I am eating better again and exercising. Feels great! Hang in there!
BAP