Saturday, September 17, 2011

Buckle up and grab a snack...

...because this might be a long one!!!

The latest in what's going on in my mind and my world:

-I HAVE to start with my long week of inner turmoil.  That durn Tony Romo ripped my heart out AGAIN!  I was absolutely done with him after last week, but I think he still has alot to give for the year, and choose to have atleast the tiniest bit of faith.  But he BETTER get his crap together!!!

-I hope Texas goes to the ACC, Texas A&M to the SEC, and Oklahoma to the Pac-however-many-they-end-up-with.  I think A&M will not be as good as they think.  I like them, so don't take that as me drinking the UT kool-aid.  I just think that there is more to lose than to gain, and they will be going into the SEC with a new QB, and if things don't look good quickly, they could be in for a long road to get there.  Just my opinion.  I also think that as much as I love Texas, they are a little too big for their britches.  Greed and money is the whole thing behind all of this anyway, so it only stands to bring more bad than good!  I just can't stand Oklahoma, and I hope they go and do good and keep blowing it in BCS games on a national stage!

-I am getting married FOUR weeks from today.  I am SO lucky to have a woman that loves me and puts effort DAILY into our relationship and family.  God has blessed me beyond measure with Kelly.  I just don't have the words to fully describe how I feel about her.  I love you, and I can't wait for you to be my wife and get to wake up next to you each and every day!

-When we were in DFW last weekend, we went with Kelly's mom to see her first car and also get her late father's dog tags from his military days.  There ended up being a write-up in the Star Telegram about it, and the thing that stood most out to me of the whole thing was the heart and choice of a man named Emerico Perez.  He has had this car since the late 1970's and just recently decided to have it fixed up.  During this process, they found a rear fender that needed to be replaced, and found the dog tags upon cutting that fender out.  Well, what ensued from there was Emerico searching out this man's family to get the dog tags back to them.  Emerico said himself that he used to not give much thought to the military, etc, but now that he has his own son in the Marines and stationed in San Diego, he has a whole new appreciation for the dedication and sacrifice that our troops give, and he was intent on making sure those dog tags got back to where they needed to be.  Again, life is about attitude and choices.  His attitude and choice impacted a woman, her family, and everyone else that got to sit around and hear and be a part of a story that involved a car, a good man, and some dog tags of a former soldier.  It is good to know that there are still some really good people out there.

You're a good man, Emerico Perez.  I pray you and your family are blessed as you go on in life.

-I am getting a vasectomy next Friday.  That's about all I have to say about that right now. 

-Our Friday morning mens group is starting a study on Ephesians this week, and will continue in it for a long while I'm sure!  I am very excited to dig deeper into the Bible than I ever have, and can't wait to see what all God teaches me through this.

-I love meeting new people and learning about their hearts.  I had a roommate for my work meetings this week.  We had the chance to spend alot of time together and just sit and talk life, work, etc.  I loved hearing about the things he does to make a difference in people's lives in his community, and also learning that he has a heart to do so much more.  Again, it is just great to see that there are people out there that put self last and make a positive impact in the lives of those they come across. 

-I am STOKED about my new bike that I got from Landry Gibbs!  YOU ARE A BLESSING MY BROTHER!  I can't wait to get out and enjoy riding again!


Ok, I think that is enough for this morning.  All I know is that God is good, I am blessed, and I am thankful for a life that is more fulfilled and simpler than anything I have ever had the chance to live!!!

Have an AWESOME weekend out there!

No comments: